Low-level, long-term exposure to toxins such as heavy metals (e.g. lead, mercury, PSP, and cadmium), pesticides, industrial compounds, and pollutants is associated with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS), fibromyalgia (FM), neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and atherosclerosis as well as many types of cancers. Common signs and symptoms of environmental toxicity include acne, rashes, headaches, aches and pains, fatigue, muscle weakness, tinnitus, fertility problems, memory loss, and chronic immune system depression.
Toxins may remain in the body for many years, therefore we are exposed to much higher toxin doses than present environmental concentrations suggest. Research suggests that we all maintain toxin contamination within our bodies on a regular basis due to this lifetime of exposure.
"Some of the most dangerous culprits that inhibit a person's ability to achieve optimum health also happen to be omnipresent. Environmental toxins are virtually everywhere given their almost global nature; for instance, people don’t think too much about the packaging their food comes in, the contents of their shampoo, or even the air they breathe. Yet, according to a 2010 article in Science, 70 to 90 percent of disease risks likely stem from environmental factors.
Environmental toxins come in two categories—chemical and metallic. These accumulate and reside in the body’s fatty tissues, and come from medications, food preservatives, and exposure to pesticides, air pollutants, and other harmful toxins. While these toxins come from a variety of sources, initial exposure to them usually begins while a baby is still in the womb."
– Robert Silverman DC
Many experience discomfort in many forms once embarking on a healthy eating plan...There are a few reasons for this... toxins are stored in the fat cells and as we loose weight from a healthier eating plan we are releasing toxins into the system that is now ready to be eliminated and another reason is, once you feed the body it starts to function better thereby detoxifying more effectively.. If you persist through this period you will enjoy the benefits of feeling better, having more energy, clarity and quality of life. The guidance of a practitioner is a great resource for you, ensuring that you have a healthy, beneficial and mentally stress free experience.
There are many forms of cleansing and they are recommended on a regular basis. There are also many schools of thought on this subject and all I can do is give my opinion.
Cleansing is necessary to be done annually if not at the change of seasons.
I recommend a few cleanses every year:
- Parasite Cleanse (@ least 85% of Americans have one parasite or more)
- Colon cleanse and enema's
- Liver/gallbladder flush
- Kidney flush
- Full body and heavy metal detoxification
There are various recipes to use and products that will benefit these cleansing processes and can be mailed to you upon request. Many of the supplemental companies that I carry have very good cleansing programs that can be followed.
Here are some emotional sources of disease:
Accidents - Expressions of anger, frustration, rebellion.
- Anorexia/Bulimia - Self-hate, denial of life nourishment, "not good enough."
- Ankles - can be related to trust issues or stability.
- Arms - Ability to embrace, old emotions held in joints.
- Arthritis - Pattern of critism of self and others, perfectionism.
- Asthma - Smother-love, guilt-complex, inferiority complex.
- Back/Upper - Not feeling supported emotionally, needing support. Back/Middle - Guilt. Back/Lower - Burnout, worry about money.
- Breast - Mothering, over-mothering a person/thing/place/experience. Nurturing or lack thereof
- Breast Cancer - Deep resentment attached to over-mothering.....can also be feeling associated with lack of nurturing.
- Burns, Boils, Fevers, Itis, Sores, Swellings - Anger.
- Cancer - Deep resentment, distrust, self-pity, hopelessness, helplessness.
- Colon - Constipation is inability to let go, diarrhea is fear of holding.
- Constipation - Lack of trust of having enough, hoarding.
- Ears - Too hard to accept what is said. Earaches - Anger.
- Deafness - Refusal to listen.
- Feet - Self-understanding, moving forward.
- Fingers/Index - Ego, anger and fear. Fingers/Thumb - Worry. Fingers/Middle - Anger. Right - A man. Left - A woman. Hold with other hand to release. Fingers/Ring - Unions and grief. Finger/Little - Family and pretending.
- Genitals - Femininity or masculinity issues, rejecting sexuality, "sex is dirty", "women's bodies are unclean". Bladder Infections - Being pissed off, holding in hurts. Vaginitis - romantically hurt by a partner. Prostate - Self-worth and sexual prowess. Impotence - Fear or spite against mate. Frigidity - Fear, sexual guilt, self-disgust. PMS - Denial of female cycles or female worth. VD - Sexual guilt.
- Hands - Holding on too tightly to money or relationships. Hands/Arthritis - Self-criticism, internalizing criticism, criticizing others.
- Head - Us, what we show the world, something radically wrong.
- Headaches - Invalidating the self.
- Heart - Heart is love and blood is joy. Heart attacks are a denial and squeezing out of love and joy.
- Knees - Inflexibility, unable to bend, pride, ego, stubborness, fear of change, self-righteousness.
- Legs - Fear or reluctance of moving forward, not wanting to move. Vericose Veins - Standing where we hate.
- Lungs - Inability to take in and give our life, denial of life. Emphysema or too much smoking - denial of life, inferiority.
- Migraines - Anger and perfectionism, frustration. Masturbate to stop.
- Neck - Flexibility issues.
- Overweight - Needing protection, insecurity.
- Pain - Guilt seeking punishment, notice where it manifests.
- Sinus - Irritated by someone.
- Skin - Threatened individuality, others have power over you. Thin-skinned, feeling skinned alive, need self-nurturing.
- Stiffness - Stiff Body - Stiff mind, inflexibility, fear, "only one way", resistance to change. Where it manifests is where the pattern is.
- Stomach - Inability to digest ideas and experiences. Who or what can you stomach? Fear.
- Strokes - Negative thinking, stopping of joy, forcing change of direction.
- Swelling - Stagnated thinking, bottled-up tears, feeling trapped.
- Throat - Fear of change, inability to speak up, anger, frustrated creativity. Laryngitis - too angry to speak. Sore throat - Anger. Tonsillitis or Thyroid - Stifled creativity, deeply stifled creativity in leukemia.
- Tumors - False growth, tormenting an old hurt, not allowing healing. Uterine tumors - nursing slights to femininity, misogyny.
- Ulcers - Fear, not being good enough, lack of self-worth.
A Body Cleanse Foot Spa is a painless, fast and non-invasive way of stimulating and balancing the electro-magnetic fields of the body through the feet.
The electro-magnetic flow produced, unblocks and stimulates, creating better tissue, organ and system functions, facilitating better circulation.
With your feet and the Body Cleanse ioniser in lukewarm water for 30 minutes, an ionic exchange takes place which balances the positive and negative ions in the body. Most of the toxins in the body are positively charged so the negative ions in the foot spa latch on and neutralize them.
Laboratory analysis has shown that it is possible to cleanse the body of heavy metals such as aluminum and mercury, as well as asbestos, residue from chemotherapy, cocaine, cellular debris, parasites, candida and body acids.
Other benefits include increased energy, improvement in sleep, pain relief, decreased fluid retention, relief from gout pain, balanced PH levels, stabalized blood sugar levels, decreased arthritic pain, and help in symptomatology for Fibromyalgia sufferers.
Liver (colon) Cleanse
It is best to use a product commonly called Bentonite clay.
Bentonite is an absorbent aluminiumphyllosilicate, generally impure clay consisting mostly of montmorillonite. It is an adsorbent clay that can carry twice its weight, meaning it will absorb the toxins off the colon wall and help eliminate it through your bowel movement. It is important to drink lots of water during any detox.
I sometimes add psyllium husk powder to the clay drink to help as a bulking agent but this can be detrimental if you are already constipated. It is advisable to do a detoxification program under the guidance of a trained professional.
Please call or email for more information as we supply the highest quality products that have been well researched and used with great success for many years.
The liver is the blood purifier, the filter for the body and is very important in digestion and detoxification.
Healthy liver detoxification pathways
Metabolic detoxification is a way to normalize the body’s metabolization of xenobiotic and endogenous compounds, while temporarily reducing incoming toxic burden.
Step 1: Toxins that are fat soluble are transported from the intestine to the liver. These can include metabolic end products, chemical pollutants and contaminants, microorganisms, food additives, drugs and medications, and alcohol.
Step 2: In the liver, toxins undergo Phase 1 detoxification to neutralize certain toxins. Phase 1, called “functionalization,” involves the release of enzymes by the liver that break down xenobiotics and produce harmful free-radicals.
Step 3: The remainder of the un- neutralized toxins moves into Phase 2 detoxification, which transforms them into water-soluble compounds. By the process of conjugation, large molecules join together with modified xenobiotics to produce harmless water-soluble substances.
Step 4: Newly transformed toxins are then transported to either the kidneys, where they are excreted in the urine; or to the gallbladder, where they are eventually excreted via the feces in Phase 3 of detoxification. Phase 3 relies on the pH scale (acid-to-alkaline ratio). The proper pH level is more alkaline than acid (pH at 7 or above).
Unhealthy liver detoxification pathways
In an unhealthy liver, toxins cannot be detoxified at the rate they are brought to the liver. Phase 1 occurs too quickly for conversion to Phase 2. In this case, toxins build up and recirculate in the blood, contributing to long-term poor health. These un-neutralized, fat-soluble toxins can be stored in body tissues such as fat, the brain, and the nervous system, causing systemic symptoms.
There are many different ways to up regulate liver function as well as some liver cleanses. We are familiar and have tried several of these methods and offer valuable guidance. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org 763 607 2560
Vegetables and herbs that support liver function:
- Milk thistle
- Beets and beet greens
- Himalayan Liver care
A Common kidney flush takes 24 hours and involves pure unsweetened cranberry juice and distilled water.
There are foods that support the urogenital canal: (to mention a few)
- Melons (eat them alone or leave them alone)
- Uva Urshi
- Gravel Root
- Celery, cucumber, parsley and asparagus.
There are a few things one can do to assist the lymphatic system which is also part of our immune system.
Dry skin brushing using a natural bristle brush done three to four times a week is highly beneficial to the skin, lymphatics and in turn the kidneys. Always brush towards the heart.
Shower hydrotherapy - done by turning the shower from hot to cold. As hot as you can handle it for a minute or so and then as cold as you can handle it.....do this a few times (6-7) this will help with circulation as well.
When you are not feeling to well end with lukewarm but if you are well end with the cold.
A mini trampoline or rebounder for 5 minutes a day is very healthy for the lymphatic system and is highly recommended.
There are a few massage therapist that offer lymphatic drainage massage which is excellent for the lymphatic health. Call our office for referrals.